Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quiz on Friday

You will have a quiz on Friday. Make sure to look over Tuesday's classwork that worked with cutting ribbon into pieces. Also know how to use patterns of division to divide decimals. For example

1.2 divided by .3 we could increase the divisor and dividend ten times by moving the decimal point one place to the right. Now I would have 12 divided by 3 which is 4 (I was able to make the divisor into a whole number.

Also, I can think to myself how many three tenths (.3) fit into one and two tenths(1.2). I know I can fit more than one...so I know my answer will be bigger than one

Know you try some: Think about the question the equation is asking and think about the patterns of division you could use.

12.6 divided by .2

54.24 divided by .04


3.42 divided by .3




Vocab. Unit 13 should by complete and be prepared for the test.

1 comment:

Christian Ramirez said...

hi mrs shobar im diego Ramirez from last year