Monday, May 11, 2015

Geometry Test this Friday

Concepts to know:

What a polygon is and be able to recognize a shape that is a polygon and a shape that is not a polygon.

Know all the types of quadrilaterals and their properties

Know how to compare them.   (always, sometimes, never statements)

Know the definition of a polyhedron and how to name one.  For example...I have two triangles for my bases and three rectangles for lateral faces.  What shape am I?

Know how to count vertices, edges, and faces.  For example,  I am a prism.  My bottom base has 12 sides.  How many faces, edges, and vertices do I have?   Explain.

Understand how area and perimeter work when one is constant.   For example, I bought 25 feet of wood to make a square or rectangular garden.  What are the different gardens I could make? Which one would have the greatest area?  (Use whole numbers)

Rework through your class work.  Take some of the problems and change the numbers and then solve.

Make up statements comparing two quadrilaterals.  
  A square is a kite.......Sometimes,Always, Never

A kite is a square......... sometimes, always, never



No comments: