Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Test Review For Next Tuesday (I changed it from Monday!)

Concepts to Know:

Perimeter:  How do you find the perimeter of a square or rectangle.  Page 301

Area:  How do I find the area of a square or rectangle.  Page 304 and 305

What happens when perimeter is held constant?  What happens when area is held constant?
Study the Sharon and Brad Problems.

Area of a Parallelogram:  Page 306.  Why can I multiply the base X  the height to get the area.   If I gave you a Parallelogram on graph paper could you find the area in two or more ways?  (Study notes)

Area of a Triangle:  Know how to find the area of a triangle.  What if I gave you a triangle with a height of 5cm  and an area of 25cm.  Could you figure and what the base is?  (page 308)

Polyhedrons:  What is a polyhedron?  How do I count the faces, edges and vertices in a systematic way.  We will work on this tomorrow and Monday.

No comments: